I have to ultra careful when I put John Carmack’s blessed code and bug in the same sentence but I believe there is a way to lock up the game.
Launch the BFG exe with the +devmap
Started working on the BFG code base. Must say it is niiiiiice. My current setup:
– Alienware M14xR1
– External display (primary) – 1920×1080
– Visual Studio 2010 Express edition
– Doom 3 BFG from Steam
A few things I wanted to list out for everyone’s benefit:
– I had bad luck trying to get the code base to work on VS 2012 mostly around pre-compiled libararies. The existing libraries from Doom3 BFG use VS 2010 so the updated compiler is complaining about the MSC_VER 1700 instead of 1600. Will get to this later. VS2010 seems to be working fine
– If you are using an external monitor like I am you need to play a few tricks. Ref: http://steamcommunity.com/app/208200/discussions/0/864949037780774082/
– I am using Win SDK 7.1. Otherwise atlbase.h and a few other header files will not be located
My repository (cloned from ID’s Doom3 BFG repository) is at
I made an amazing tasting veggie sandwich today. No pics to prove it – finished it quickly. Here’s the recipe:
– Sour dough bread *(bought it from Boulangerie. A small mom and pop store that sells fresh bread). If the bread does not rot/decompose when exposed to the elements is not good bread for me
– Red capsicum
– Green capsicum
– Red onions
– Provolone cheese (from Costco)
– Olive oil
– Thousand Island dressing
I sliced the capsicum and the onions into thin slices. Then sauteed the veggies over low heat. Once they started turning brown I took them off the pan. This is to ensure that the veggies are decent cooked but are still crunchy. Then on the heated pan I put the two slices of bread, still over low heat, placed a slice of Provolone cheese and let it heat for a little while. On top of this I added the veggies, some salt, pepper and a whee bit of “sambar kharam” (a mixture of spices. don’t know the composition). I let it heat till the cheese melted.
After this I used a little Thousand Island dressing and voila. It was done.
Santa came with a couple of PIs. 😀
Tried starting the two RPIs but had a bucket load of issues. Anyway here’s the gist of what worked for me:
– 32 GB Patriot Lx SDHC did not work
– win32diskimager works but only when running in admin mode (Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS)
– Used the 2012-12-16-wheezy-raspbian.img image
– SD card contacts seem to be a bit bad in RPI so I had to move it around
– Temperature doesn’t seem to have had any problems for mine
– USB Microsoft Ergo 4000 Keyboard + Logitech Marble mouse work fine off the USB slots
– SD card I am using now is Sony 16 GB SDHC. Works fine.
– Nokia 8 GB SDHC Micro SD card with SD card adapter works fine
– Ordered from Element 14 as Allied Electronics is just plain stupid. They did not ship the RPIs for more than 8 weeks. When I emailed to find out the status apparently they could not charge my credit card. So I did not get any notification and how am I supposed to know the problem? Element 14 orders work fine